9.29.2010

I've got a great IDEA!!

So, I've been away from my blog for a few years *coughIgotintroublecough* but I'm back now with a pretty great idea.  Last week I was talking with some friends about reading more Young Adult books. I figured that I would read every fiction book in the Young Adult area. Well, that was just a little daunting, so I have come up with a few parameters.

1) I will only utilize the YA collection at the library where I work.
2) Only cataloged YA fiction books (no uncataloged paberbacks or audiobooks) or Graphic Novels/Manga.
3) If an author has more than one title I will only read one title from them and if it's a series (think Twilight) then I will only read the first book.
4) If I've read the book before I will skip it and if I'm not enjoying the book, I will only read only a few chapters to get the feel of the book.
5) I will go alphabetically (this one might change or might not...I like the simpleness of it).
6) I will read at least 1 YA book per week. I can read more, but I can't read less.
7) I will post my thoughts on SlackerLibrarian and in some sort of bibliography!

I was thinking of following a list and I still might as there are a lot of YA books in the YA section. Wish me luck!

I'll have whatever book I'm reading at the moment in the "What I'm Reading" part of SlackerLibrarian over on the right ------>

Toodles!

No comments: